View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 12:13 AM   #61
anthonymoody
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

I bought an unlocked one and have been using it without issue on TMo for a week now. My unlocked 8320 is sitting on my desk - I'll almost certainly put it on ebay (extended battery and all).

Frankly I'm shocked.

I got one for my wife for Christmas and kept taking it from her to surf the web. The surfing experience so far outstrips that of the blackberry - regardless of which browser you use on the bb - that it's not really a fair fight in that category.

In terms of typing and messaging, the use of my wife's convinced me i could make a go of it. SO I bought the unlocked one for myself (I HATE AT&T). And you know what? it hasn't curtailed my messaging in the slightest.

After a week I'm almost (though not quite) as fast on the iPhone as I was on the BB.

In terms of the rest of the UI, here again it's simply fun to use whereas the bb never was. Both device "just work" from my perspective. But one is a joy to use and the other an appliance.

Yahoo push works well, and I have my gmail and business account set up as imap accounts and the syncing is amazing. 15 minute polling isn't ideal but sufficient, particularly given the rest of the advantages the iphone has.

There are a handful of (well documented) features still missing in the iPhone (unified inbox, copy and paste, and a few other nits) but again - the rest more than makes up for this.

The battery life is a pleasant surprise - it lasts a whole day of real world usage (tons of messaging, typically 50-100 emails, 20-30 texts, LOTS of surfing, some music, and light calendar) which is more than enough.

I don't think I'll go back. I plan to make a go of it for a month, then sell whichever one I'm not keeping. Likely the 8320.

TM

Last edited by anthonymoody; 01-14-2008 at 12:14 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote