View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 02:54 AM   #62
dtdt
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks, anthonymoody, for what I feel seems to be the most honest assessment of this issue. I work with users of Blackberry, iPhone, Moto-Q, Voyager, Pocket PC, Treo, you name it, it seems to be around me. The thing I notice most about the iPhone users is that they always seem to be showing off their device... Maybe it's my perception, but that aspect kind of bugs. When one was shown to me, I was uber-jealous of the Safari browser, being a mac user myself, and my interest was certainly piqued.

I really like the Voyager, although it falls in the "clunky" category of smartphones. What I really like about the iPhone and my 8830 are the slim and relatively small design in comparison to the others. The Moto-Q is cool, but I like my BB better. I don't need all of the entertainment features. As business and entertainment features converge and voice technology makes keyboards obsolete, I imagine we'll all have iBrains; small chips implanted in our craniums that take over our psyche and change the world... sounds like the Matrix.

In the current state of the art for wireless devices, the BB works very well for my needs, and is the best device I've owned to date. I read the paper every morning and enjoy an occasional Google-search to settle a debate, but I have little need for pocket web surfing at this point.

That's just my take on this interesting topic.
Offline   Reply With Quote