View Single Post
Old 07-30-2005, 11:47 AM   #56
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Well, life is looking up and starting to blow instead of suck. After I read Scooby's post about TMO force enabling the firewall I decided to give them a call. After getting to second level in Canada, they explained that everyones firewall is forced enabled by RIM. Their logic, if one BB get's compromised, there is a potential to get to the BB network which would comp all including Gov etc...

He gave the same advice as Jibi so I wiped security settings, then OS I even tried wipe -a and wipe -f. I then removed DM and loaded it again with just BIS (no redirector). It worked! I can now use BBCorrector and any application I want.

I then reloaded DM for BES, put it back on the BES and it still works. If my IT guys are still reading this board, please accept my apologies and understand that I didn't know why my BB was malfunctioning. Because the error said IT Policy, it was natural to suppose the policy was causing the problem. The solution seemed extreme but I don't mind cuz IT WORKED!

===
New problem, after corrector finds a mispelled word, I select a word and do a suggestion which brings up a list of suggestions. When I select one of the suggestions, corrector not only replaces the mispelled word, it also removes some of the previous spaces/words etc...

ex. "My world iz looking up" corrects to "My worldis looking up..."

Anyone else have this problem?