Old 02-07-2008, 06:22 PM   #20
Purple Drake

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmo
Default Japanese Language Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsy View Post
Just an FYI. The BlackBerry also has great east asian language support - both reading and input. I receive numerous e-mails in Chinese daily. Simplified and traditional chinese displays perfectly on my 8320 (and on my previous 8700). I also can input chinese characters on my 8320 (and on my previous 8700) through all the various input methods.

East Asian language support is not included in an American cell phone carrier's version of their Blackerry OS. However, it is very easy to download and upgrade your Blackberry OS to one that natively supports east asian languages (Chinese, Japanese and Korean).
Ramsy: I too have the 8320 and (in spite of trying many times) have not been able to get the CJK to work on the Curve. How did you do it? I really need Japanese reading/input, but I would settle for reading only. If I can't get it to work, I will probably switch to iPhone--precisely for the reason that Underskybb makes, that iPhone with Safari is natively capable of reading/writing in many non-English languages.
Offline   Reply With Quote