Old 02-16-2008, 12:18 AM   #150
Chiocciman
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1n View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know or at least those inquiring minds concerned about the 8830 vibrate being to weak. RIM developers (my father works for RIM) as a SR. Java Developer and Q/A manager. They needed power for the SD module integrated into the back of the device and they had to sacrifice a few other things as well. I don't know if you guys know this but the 8830 prototypes had webcams and RIM scrapped the idea because of issues with device memory (not talking about space) im referring to device memory as in NVRAM and physical memory. The vibrate issue wont be fixed for another year until the next version of the phone. This sucks but in order for them to add the media components and extra storage the electrical engineers working for RIM had to move things around. RIM isnt going to admit this but it is the truth.

Regarding the volume issue for all 8830 (i have a sprint) my ringer issue actually only happened after the first time i installed an SD card in the back. If you remove the SD card and reset the device without the SD card and run the default ring tones you will notice they are louder. I'm sorry to say that both of these issues have nothing to do with the "firmware" for the device they are issues regarding voltage and the physical design of the circuits. If there are any electrical engineers on this forum they can verify this by simply reverse engineering the device.

Once again its all about poor engineering and not enough adequate voltage going to the hardware.

The may release an upgraded phone or the newer models may fix this issue.

Thats all I really know.
The phone voltage will be regulated anyway so a slight drop in voltage or lower operating current would not likely change the gain of the audio amp. I don't buy it, sorry.

Chuck
Offline   Reply With Quote