View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 10:53 PM   #69
exciter

Model: 8820
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaKing View Post
found this thread yesterday and it got me thinking about my email...i set up my godaddy email to be sent to my bb when i first got it last year...i never thought anything about it, until this thread ...

my email was never instantaneous...there has always been a 15 min delay...plus, after reading this thread and searching i've found plenty of articles that say that there is now a 2-way synch with godaddy and bb...the articles said that emails sent from bb would be saved in the sent folder with godaddy...this does not happen between my bb and my godaddy account...does this happen for anyone else? messages sent from your bb, are they in your sent folder in godaddy as well?

here's godaddy's response when i asked about this:

just to clarify...if i want "instantaneous" emails, i do the following:

1. Delete the account from BIS.
2. Pull that battery from your blackberry.
3. Login to your godaddy admin and delete the email account.
4. I waited about 10 minutes (probably could wait less) then recreate the email account.
5. Add the account in BIS.
6. Resend service books (possibly overkill, but I did it anyway).
7. Put battery back in blackberry.
8. Power up.
Yes, that is what you do. I didn't resend service books but I basically did the same thing and it works. Just make sure to completely empty your inbox on your Godaddy webmail. In fact, some people had luck just emptying their inbox, deleting the acct in BIS, pulling the battery, adding the acct in BIS, put the battery back in, power on, wait 10-20 minutes and send yourself a test email. Let us know what happens. Also, don't pay any attention to the folks at GoDaddy. They have no clue what they are talking about when it comes to BB.
Offline   Reply With Quote