View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 06:32 AM   #6
aaliyah'sfather

Model: 8700v
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Smile

Just had confirmation from the BES administrator that they have successfully activated the user with the @dept2.com email address. It was human error which prevented the initial activation.

Thanks to all that replied.

To summarise for anyone who may be interested:

Question 1: Can you activate a user with an email domain which is different to the Besadmin account i.e. Besadmin has a @dept1.com email address and the user has a @dept2.com email address?

Answer: Yes, as long as both email domains are part of the same Exchange organisation and the Besadmin account has the required permissions to the users mailbox.

Question 2: When the SRP key is registered, is it registered against the IP address of the BES server or the email domain or both?

Answer: First of all, it does register the SRP against the server on the Network. The RIM article titled “Importance of SRP Identifier and SRP Authentication Key” states

“When you install the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, you enter the SRP Identifier and SRP Authentication Key. The SRP Identifier and SRP Authentication Key are the values that are used to register and authenticate the BlackBerry Enterprise Server on the network. This is similar to an IP address on an IP network, since uniqueness is a requirement for registration to occur in this case as well.”

What it doesn’t state is whether it uses the servers IP address or something else to associate with the SRP ID. I suspect it will be the servers IP address as it will be unique to the server. From answer to question 1, I think we can say that it does not register the email domain of the besadmin account.
Offline   Reply With Quote