Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrawfor View Post
Wirelessly posted

A couple things:

1. Yes, you can use the same old trusted key even if your server is running 7.0.x now and you are using SOAP. I have been using the same trusted key since the initial release of BES for GW.

2. I believe you still want the most current version of the 6.5.7 client on your bes server. Even though the server should not be using the api any more the install guide still recommends 6.5.7. Of course, GW administrators (myself included) prefer to lockout old GW clients because of the obscure man in the middle attack. Unfortunately, rim has not updated the api part of the software and they still require the 6.5.7 api.

I hope this helps,

Jeff
Jeff,
First off; thank you for the reply, that answered my question. I'll admit it seems that some people choose to stick with the GW 6.5.7 client while others use the 7.0.3 client. In the RIM documentation for 4.1.4 is does mention that you should install 6.5.7 if you plan on using the Object API. While 7.0 SP1 IR1 is recommended for use with the SOAP API. I think I'll try my luck with 7.0.3 and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again!
Offline   Reply With Quote