View Single Post
Old 04-17-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
duckboy

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Pearl, GPS Puck, and Google Maps

Please Login to Remove!

I am new to both BB as well as this forum. Anyhow, I have a GPS puck, which I have been using with my Dell PDA. I have a problem using it with Google Maps on my Pearl. I can get the Bluetooth up and running and the BB recognizes it, and when I go to "My Location" in the menu, it locates where I am (within 5 meters). The problem is that it will not follow me when I am driving. I can update my position by going back to the Bluetooth menu, and there I get this strange message asking me if I want it to search for other devices, or allow another device to find me. I cancel out of that. Now...if I go back to Google Maps, and hit "My Location" the position will update to my new location. Then it will stop, and just stay there, unless I go through the above procedure again.
Strangely, Blackberry Maps works just fine as a moving map. When I select it from the menu, and go to "Start GPS Navigation", everything works fine.
Maybe Google Maps is not designed to work as a moving map, but I doubt it. Does anyone have an idea concerning the root of the problem? Thanks
Offline   Reply With Quote