View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 10:05 AM   #16
Semi5
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100T
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
It says it is but requires the WinMo device to constantly look for updates. Load up a WinMo treo with Activesync and watch your battery life go down. The mobile device does as much work as the end server.

This is not how ActiveSync works. A connection is established between the device and the Exchange Server. This connection is held open, but no data is transmitted between the device and server if no changes are made on the mailbox. If a new email comes into the server, the server will notify the device that a sync is neccessary. The device will then retrieve the changes over the connection. By default, every 15 minutes (if no syncs have been made), the connection gets reestablished.

We have blackberry, windows mobile, and we participate in the iphone beta program at my company. Couple of things I noticed in our environment....

1. The blackberry and iPhone are far more popular than WM devices.
2. Migrating corporate apps to the iPhone blows away anything the blackberry can do. Not sure though yet how we will be able to distribute these apps to our users. WM is obviously very strong for development also.
3. Users here that just want email prefer blackberry over anything else.

My personal thoughts.....
1. Typing on the iPhone is faster for me than typing on my curve.
2. The 9000 looks great, but it will be hard giving up my 3.5 inch screen.
3. I will not be able to resist getting a 3g iPhone and the Blackberry Bold.
Offline   Reply With Quote