View Single Post
Old 05-12-2008, 11:05 AM   #20
Semi5
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100T
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec View Post
Many Iphone users are criticizing the Bold for its smaller screen size without ever actually seeing it in person. BB users are primarily email centric users and as such any disadvantage in the Blackberry’s smaller screen size is far offset by its more efficient handling of email. (Who wants to watch a movie on a 3 inch screen anyway)

I chucked the Iphone after trying to use it for 3 months as a business tool. It just did not work for me. Clearly the email function was an after thought with music and web browsing the primary features of the device. On the Iphone I always had to use two hands to read mail, deleting mail was a pain , and on the email directory the grey letters on a white background was just horrible. To make matters worse, the email alert tone is so short and low in volume I rarely knew when I received an important email.

The Bold looks terrific and should have no trouble trumping the iphone for business use.
Actually its a 3.5 inch screen and I use it all the time on my morning train ride. The larger screen also makes web browsing on the iPhone so much better than the blackberry. You are right though, alerts are way to low. Deleting multiple emails is a pain (will be fixed on next firmware upgrade).

I know Im in the minority, but I prefer the iPhone keyboard to the blackberry. However, you do need two hands. I still love my blackberry.
Offline   Reply With Quote