View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 04:19 PM   #52
Dawgfan
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by atuarre View Post
I get so tired of people bringing up the iPhone when talking about the BB9000. They are two totally different devices targetted towards two totally different demographics.
Not entirely. In fact, an argument could be made that the BB 9000 is the best tool RIM currently has to go after current and potential iPhone users.

I have always been a BB user but use an iPhone now and am considering the 9000 mainly because RIM finally had to cave with the BS of not putting a camera, wi-fi and GPS all in once device.

In less than a year the notion that a BB user is not a iPhone user is fading. As people become more comfortable with data and smartphones this line will continue to diminish.

On the typing on an iPhone vs BB, that could not be more relative as I can type like a beast on a BB (my last one was an 8820) but I can actually type faster and with less errors on the iPhone. Now when I use my fiance's 88xx (VZN version), I still cannot type as well as I can on my iPhone.

Make no mistake, RIM is going after the iPhone and as of today (currently no official word on touchscreen BB) the 9000 is the best club in the bag that RIM has to do so.