View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 10:26 PM   #57
BryanHarig
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCMD View Post
The real fun begins when IT depts go about setting up their IT policies on the iPhone2 or iP2. I am not sure what the abilities are for the iP2 to have any IT policies and if not then that would be a big issue for the Fortune 500 crowd. Next the remote wipe, it has to work and work well, again we have to wait and see on iP2 it may work, it may be buggy. The fact that Apple went to Microsoft to get a sync app and push mail technology means that Apple didn't have the talent in house to build it (I said in house not that Apple doesn't have talent). I have used many different WinMobile smartphones and so far the BB has done on thing I could not do with my WinMobile phones and doubt I can with the iP2. I am able to log into my BIS account and setup my work address to push my work mail to my BB 8820. I can read, reply and delete just as if I was at my desk. I do not have a BES license and I only needed my work mail, this save my company money and I am able to do more work.

I also really wanted an iPhone but in the end I chose what I felt could do the most for me. Personally the RIM vs iP2 threads are crap anyways. Each phone is great in its own way and has its own merits.
Remote wipe seems to work fine, Apple demo'd it during the presentation of the iPhone SDK. Watch the video. I dont remember if they demo'd IT policies or not.
Offline   Reply With Quote