View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 02:38 AM   #154
ChesterJT
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Got 4.5.0.18 on my 8100 and so far I like it. I had the Scanning problem with the Media manager too. I was having a problem with Google Maps (2.0.3) not loading anything at all and found out 2.1 was out, It still seems spotty sometimes, but the soft reset it forced after installing seemed to fix the Scanning problem.

My biggest gripe right now is in the SMS menu. The fact that every message is marked with the Reply Requested red exclamation mark is very annoying. Also, the times of the messages are being cut off even though there is plenty of room in the line. It doesn't matter if I select 1 or 2 lines for each message, it will list the name and then tons of space then 5:2 instead of 5:25p or whatever.

Also Opera Mini asks for permission every single time even though I've set all its permissions to Allow. That's getting a bit old too.

I like the new style in general and the Media Player upgrades. Been pretty stable for me so far although it seems to take much longer to start up. Being able to add folders to the menu is fantastic. I like the new call screen too.
Offline   Reply With Quote