Old 06-04-2008, 08:30 PM   #5
CrazEtooN
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: iPhne
PIN: point
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by integra144 View Post
I come from WinMo, and with them if you want OS upgrade you have to buy a new phone. ppc 6700 5.0, 6800 6.0, etc.

I have the 8330 and I really like it so far no freezing. And from reading this forum BB will be upgrading the OS the entire line. I am shocked. Wow.

But what is so good about the Bold? It looks nice, but other than the costmic upgrade is there a real reason to have if you have a BB right now. Aren't they all going to run the same OS anyway? Since BB makes upgrades to all phones together.

I wish Microsoft would learn from this. lol you want the new IE you must upgrade to XP or Vista. HA
Your first comment is not universally true. It depends on the phone, but many WinMo 5.0 phones are able to upgraded to 6.0, and pretty much all 6.0 are able to be upgraded to 6.1. If you would like an example of a WinMo 5 device that can run WinMo 6, just look at the At&t 8525.

BlackBerrys aren't all that much different. The 8700 series and certain phones in the 8100 series aren't getting all the same features with the 4.5 upgrade that the 8300 and 8800 series is getting. 4.6 is pretty much guaranteed to leave the 8700 series out altogether and will likely only offer partial upgrades to the 8300 series, the 8800 series, and the 8100 series.

It is just called technology. BlackBerry is generally a more usable and stable device than anything with Windows Mobile on it, but it isn't exempt from the things you are talking about.

Anyway, upgrades to the Bold consist of:
-Faster processor
-More Flash memory for system and application use
-1gig of storage memory on board (first time a BB has ever had standalone storage memory built in) + the ability to use SD cards up to 16gb in size
-Higher resolution screen
-3G, WiFi, and GPS all in one device

All in all, it is just a better device.
Offline   Reply With Quote