View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 11:52 AM   #85
Ashg
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon

Good Lord, I can't believe I'm about to have to defend myself like this.

First off, teaching is not a job for me. It is a calling. I tried doing other things that paid more, but nothing fulfilled me. I work with the youth of this country because I have a sense that I am helping to improve the future lives of impoverished students and that I am obeying what God has called me to do. I never complained about what I make, I simply made a remark of how it compares to other jobs.

If someone is dedicated enough to roll two years' worth of pennies and eBay things they don't need anymore, don't you think they'd research what they're buying? I checked press releases. I checked insider forums. I checked product web sites. I called and asked, then asked when I got to the store to buy it. You bet your sweet arse I researched my purchase. I got burned and I've learned my lesson - never trust Verizon to sell you a slice of pie without charging for the plate and fork to eat it with. That will be in the back of my mind when I start researching my next phone purchase two months before release, just like I did this one.

Last edited by Ashg; 06-07-2008 at 11:53 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote