View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 08:48 PM   #30
kilofox
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8330
Carrier: Big Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBerry View Post
but for anyone who does serious computing, they will easily realize that apple doesn't cut it.
Define serious computing. I have seen people use Photoshop and Final Cut Pro that would dwarf any skills you or I have. Final Cut Pro requires some very heavy lifting at times. But if you dont have or need big time video editing then its a non issue.

I am a 50 year old air traffic controller. A mature man, well past college obviously. I get excited about Apple products. I used Windows for years and years and built my own computers. I think I have a pretty level head. What is wrong about getting excited about Apple? There most be something there that elicits the excitement beyond shear stupidity. Does Microsoft's innovations excite you?

I just picked up a bike with Dura-Ace components, the bike cost me over $3500. I could have spent far less and purchased a bike with Ultegra and the performance would have been pretty much the same. But I wanted Dura Ace. I dont feel like I spent my money unwisely... and I am enjoying my bike tremendously.

Joy... I havent "enjoyed" using a MS/PC since Windows 3.1 replaced DOS for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGBerry View Post
i think some of apple's fans are pathetic. maybe i am being harsh, but during my last year at college i definitely saw plenty of that going around.
Someone in their 20's is a fan-boy of something??? Wow what a surprize!

I have to laugh at this.... anything you saw in college for the most part isnt indicative of mature adult behavior. Or has college really changed that much since I went? Dont you agree a 22 year old's value system isnt the same as 32, 42, 52 old's etc etc?

kilofoxtrot
Offline   Reply With Quote