View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 10:10 AM   #8
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffman View Post
...i think that email delivery, although important, is not the only thing you should consider in making your choice. Consider other elements, such as OS stability, physical vs. virtual keyboard, battery life, call quality, software applications, etc.
I'll second this. Stability is a very high priority for me (I don't need to troubleshoot my phone) and it's a huge resaon why Blackberry is my platform of choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the gladiator View Post
My question is: why should I buy a BB that offers me only one way to have emails on my terminal, rather than choosing a Symbian/WM/PalmOS based smartphone that offers me two ways to reach (more or less) the same goal ?
My question is why do you consider pull to be advantageous? I wouldn't consider being able to adjust polling intervals as "two ways to reach the same goal". It's still one way. Pull devices tend to have poor battery life since they spend so much time polling the server(s). Why poll the server when there's no new mail? Why not just have the server push mail as it comes?

If specifying the polling interval or when you do and do not receive email are important to you then you'll want to narrow your choices to pull devices. Still, I would highly recommend considering other factors mentioned above. You don't have to deal with each piece of email as it comes in even if you go the push route, despite how many Crackberry addicts tend to behave.

Last edited by takeshi; 06-17-2008 at 10:21 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote