View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 02:31 PM   #25
gdrumm

Model: 8703
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroher View Post
I have been a BB user for 10 years now and currently use the BB Curve through AT&T.

With my company cutting back expenses they are requesting I switch fro BB to something like the Blackjack II which will allow me to still pick up Outlook emails but I will save by not have the extra costs of the BB Plan.

How dissapointed will I be with the Blackjack II and is there another option you would recommend?

Thanks
Sounds like the company doesn't want to pay for another anual support license for their BES server. Considering the cost per license, this can run into hundreds of thousands of dollars, depending on the number of employees.

Not totally familiar with the BJII, but I have used the Moto Q and I loved it. It works directly with Exchange, via OWA, and syncs email beautifully. It is, however; a lot different that the BB.

I did switch to the Curve (for work), but I basically have a dozen BES licenses sitting around and I just moved away from the Q to try something different for a little while. Admitedly, I like the Curve's battery life MUCH better than the Q. The Q and the BJII are so similar, I would imagine you'll get about the same performance.
Offline   Reply With Quote