View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 03:56 PM   #6
mikester
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers

I have just been doing the same exercize and I thought that I finally figured it out but something is still wrong. I did a search and found this thread.
I set up the filters just like Steve at first. It didn't work and when I finaly found a tech support guy who seemed to know how this works he also told me to change the first line to say "all". He also suggested that I set up a Spam folder so that when an email does not meet the requirements of the filters it sends it to the spam folder and not to the handheld. This way I can catch errors.
It seemed to work well when we did tests but then I saw that I wasn't getting the messages from Blackberry Forum. It was sending it to the spam folder even though it was addressed to the proper email address.
The only thing that I did diferent than Steve is that I not only had the 3 lines with the email addresses I also had 3 more lines containig first & last name ,First name ,and The Family's Name
I think that is what is giving me the problem. When I send a test from the BB or a computer that has me in the address book it automaticaly adds my name to the Send To along with the email address. When I get mail from theB
BB Forum it just has my email address in the Send To. Maybe I should try removing the last 3 line in the filter.
Any suugestions would be welcome. I really don't want to start with Gmail and more accounts.