Old 01-09-2007, 12:15 PM   #18
SanFrancisco
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: HEAD
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by albiesf
I've tried the Q and the 6700 and the main problem with those devices are not the phones themselves but the OS. They try to be too many things and end up not being good at any of it. Sure it sounds nice to have multimedia on your phone, but when you're having to go through multiple clicks to do something simple, you'll get annoyed pretty quickly. And don't get me started on the weekly or in some cases, daily resets and hanging apps. Stick with the BB and move up to the 8700 if you like the QWERTY keyboard or the Pearl for Suretype. They do what they're supposed to. If you're frustrated with the BB OS, the WM5 OS will have you feeling worse.
In line with your post, I have found that if I don't tinker with the Pearl by adding apps, deleting OS files, etc. that it has worked quite well.

My Pearl works perfect as a phone, e-mail device and the media/video players work as advertised. Lastly, it takes decent pics "on the fly."

The only time my Pearl has gotten gummed up is when I started installing third party apps or otherwise tried tweaking it. No more of that. [albeit, I do have that Texas Hold'em game installed, and weather, and quickpalyer].

Last edited by SanFrancisco; 01-09-2007 at 05:27 PM..