View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #13
Jack T. Chance
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Priv
Carrier: T-Mobile
Exclamation Re: RIM to exit most consumer markets?

Man, oh man... why is it that the biggest true innovators, the ones that were the first, and best, in the PDA phone/smartphone market, are the ones that keep dying?

The original smartphones, the ones that opened the category up to the business people first, and then the rest of us, were BlackBerry, Palm Treo, and the Danger HipTop/T-Mobile Sidekick... and one-by-one, they've all been getting knocked out of the marketplace.

No other smartphone has ever offered me everything I want and need in a phone the way the BlackBerry does. Good luck getting push email integrated with an AOL account on Android... it's my understanding that it can't be done. And good luck finding another smartphone platform that gives you, in the box, all the software tools you need to backup & synchronize your data yourself, on your computers, so that you don't have to rely on cloud-based backup. We all saw how that cloud only backup & synch idea failed miserably with the Sidekicks.

I'd love to keep an optimistic outlook, and believe that RIM is going to come back out of their corner swinging and win the day again. But realistically, the odds are slim to none that they can pull it off now. They let the other guys gain way too much market-share.

Don't steal other people's avatars! Make your own! >=(

Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 03-30-2012 at 02:27 PM..