NoBox
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT&Verizon
Default Re: BBM or Whatsapp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
If you and your contacts are are using iOS, Android or Windows Phone device (not BlackBerry devices), then it (BBM) is TLS, period.

https://help.blackberry.com/en/bbm-s...560098144.html

My memory could be faulty, but I believe once the key is known in systems like TLS it is but a short, and easy step to reading the content.

Actually, no matter. We are focusing on encryption method is our later exchanges But, as I mentioned earlier that is only one of the reasons not to use BBM. I used to use BBM extensively on my Blackberries. But, that was in another time when relatively simple methods and encryption was sufficient. That time is past. Since their declared focus is on the corporate world it may be appropriate for it not to fit the needs of people like me.

I've played with both products over the past block of time. I have read all the RIM stuff on their product. For me, as an easy, flexible, relatively secure message application Whatsapp is a clear winner.

In addition Whatsapp says it handles voice. Haven't tried that yet. Not a focus for me. But, might play with it just for yuks. If I can ever find time to play, that is.

Last edited by NoBox; 04-28-2016 at 04:10 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote