View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 09:13 PM   #34
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: BBM or Whatsapp?

Facebook owns WhatsApp, yes, and there is more to it than that. My dislike is such that I tend to use Facebook as a type. And Google as well. You can bet WhatsApp is selling whatever data it gleans, to Facebook, to any buyer. That was my wisecrack: WhatsApp has made a cold business decision. Your metadata is valuable enough to buyers and users that WhatsApp can afford to miss out on the data.

I don't disagree with the gist of the first paragraph. It's not so that I disagree with need to encrypt content end-to-end. My point is perspective. What is the actual risk. What is it you are protecting. How does the one piece work with all the other pieces.

PlayBook was a disaster. And it was a huge disappoint to users who bought one. BlackBerry messed up. I guess I'm a big enough fan I wasn't driven away. And I still use my PlayBook to browse and post on the forums, read news sites in the browser, and for email. Wife still uses hers. But, yeah, BlackBerry earned much ill will with that bungle.

Don't know what I'll do if BB10 is eventually abandoned totally as most expect will happen (and many believe has happened). I won't use an Android device or an iPhone, not as personal device. I'll switch to dumb phone first.

Different strokes.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile