Old 12-30-2008, 02:29 PM   #43
me4tux
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: ATT Wireless
Question Exact thing happened to me~ microphone fell out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korexz View Post
Something this tear down doesn't mention is the microphone assembly.

There is a very tiny spring and disc that make a connection to the main board. When taking the top and bottom of the case apart it is very easy for the microphone to come apart and then you are essentially screwed. Even if you find the gold contact spring, getting the microphone back together is all but impossible.

I only figured out that the microphone came apart after several hours of troubleshooting and many times of taking the phone apart and putting the phone back together. When I could not be heard on the phone I realized something was wrong, and after comparing pictures of available parts to what I was working with I figured out that my microphone was busted.

I managed to find the disc, but not the gold contact spring. They are cheap to order from cnn.cn, but they take about 2 weeks. If you are going to take your phone apart buy one ahead of time.
Hi, This also happened to me. The mic fell out, but I managed to catch it. However, I only found 2 pieces, the main circular body which has 2 edges that look like contact springs. And, a small plastic circular piece.

Question1: Are there only 2 pieces?

Question2: The small plastic circular piece seems like there is a topside and a bottomside. So, which way is the correct way?

Many thanks for your help, and if there are pics, that would be great!....
Offline   Reply With Quote