View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 10:36 AM   #4
tsac
BlackBerry God

Model: Z10
PIN: No Pin just a Tack
Carrier: at&t
Default Re: BB Classic not recovering service when re-entering cell coverage area

OK doing some research I found this is a problem that has been around for some time. apparently a lot of cell phones including the Samsung, Apple, LG and others have reallocation of the signal. I read that users are forced to either restart the phone or stop and start the network and data services using available settings.
To me this is a random bug that may be related to internal hardware because it is not seen on all models. Possibly different manufacturing runs using some electronics from different sources are at fault.
It does take the phone to know the signal is gone and cause some type of internal connection to the radio.
So it seems this is not going away anytime soon. I would see if others you know are seeing this issue also. Not sure what you can do except try another phone and see if it helps. Maybe the carrier will give you a replacement for free if you tell them of the issue, maybe not.

If you do an internet search you can find various signal test sites.
Search for "How to test your cell phone signal" and you can see if your in a good area and the quality of your cell's radio on some sites.

I have not used these sites and don not recommend any but maybe someone who has used them can comment.

Another few sites are below. They can show you the cell sites in your area or where you travel. Example in my area ATT is rated 2 out of 5. Typical ATT quality in my area. Verizon was rated 4 out 5 .

AntennaSearch - Search for Cell Towers, Cell Reception, Hidden Antennas and more.

CellReception | Find a better signal.