View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 05:40 AM   #20
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
Another irritant for me...I downloaded a protected PDF, not thinking, and found I could not delete it (nor any of the PDF's I donwloaded)--I simply see no way to do it. Workaround was to enable file sharing on USB connection and delete it using my netbook.

I tested some video downloads from archive.org and deleted those. Funny there's no provision to delete documents. Coming someday soon, I expect.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Clarification: The regular PDFs showed in the browser downloaded screen and could have been deleted from there. They were downloaded from direct links to the document files, i.e. press down on the link, select save as, etc.

The protect PDF link was not "direct", but opened an applet or what ever it is called, and from there save is selected and the file downloads. When that is done, the file does not show on the browser downloads screen.

Then, when you open the Adobe Reader app, you see a screen with a list of documents, but on this screen you can only open document. No delete selection.

By protected, what I mean is these PDF files require a plugin installed on the computer to read the PDF. You can downoad the PDF, but not open it unless the plugin is installed.

Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Last edited by aiharkness; 04-24-2011 at 05:43 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote