View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 09:38 AM   #1
goosequeen
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmobile
Default Don't do business with T-Mobile - very dissapointing (BB 7290)

Please Login to Remove!

I have to share with you my story:
I called up T-Mobile and purchased a BB 7290 with 29 per month plan that includes unlimited internet. On their website it says no text messages included, but instant messenger is. Nowhere does it say IM's are extra, only that you get 300 text messages free per month in fine print where main site says none are included. They clearly distinguish the two and make them seem like separate items.

Salesperson Jeff gives acknowledges the web error and says that he will grant me Unlimited Instant Messages with my BB 7290 for the 29 per month. He said the website is misleading and they have to change it and because of the error, T-mobile will honor my request. I was happy and purchased the plan.

It turns out I WAS getting charged for my IMs that went over the 300 limit. I spent hours on phone explaining my story to T-mobile, sales, customer service and finally client relations. Nobody at T-mobile gave a damn. I wrote letters to the Customer relations department, they responded via email and stated I musunderstood the plans. When Denise, finally called after two days of letters and calls, I explained to her my experience with Jeff and being misled by website, but she didnt care and would not give me the unlimited IM for the duration of my contract (1 year would have totalled - only 180 bucks). The resolution was to purchase the unlimited plant at 59 dollars per month or cancel my plan, so that is what I did.

Do I have a case here and should I pursue this? Why dont they honor my request? Shouldnt they acknowledge and act upon the fact that the website is misleading and salesman agreed and that T-Mobile would have to honor the unlimited IM plan???

I am soo disappointed, I have been a T-mobile customer for over a year now. Even though, I just returned the 7290, I still have a T-mobile Sidekick 2 and have always been happy with that phone and their customer service up until now.

I look forward to your advice?