View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 12:26 AM   #31
hf1khal
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
Carrier: At&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibi
hf1khal, he doesn't work in the telecommunications industry. Think bigger dollars and not related to the Middle East.

Carterofmars, even if an injunction is granted next week, do you honestly predict a complete shutdown within the United States? No. It will be settled, one way or the other. As for RIM being thieves, it honestly surprises me, as the NTP patents have been rejected due to 'prior art' - meaning the technology was already established before NTP's late founder filed for his patents (in Europe somewhere). RIM developed their product, in a working fashion mind you (not a pre-prototype idea), on their own without the knowledge of obscure patents for non-developed technology. RIM truly paved the road for pretty much everyone else in the market today.
Thank you for making it clear on his work related thig. It jsut caught off guard with his multiple post about the thing.

As to the your second paragraph, I agree with you 110%. NTP definatly stands to loose if they do not enter into a settelment, I realy wonder what they are after! But with the mocet recent rejections I would say that life just got tougher for NTP not to accept a settlement, it was also even noted that the Judge said that if he imposes one on them bith companies might not be happy with the result which leads me to beleive that he think that NTP has been unreasonable in their requests and this could very well back fire on them. RIM could end up paying more that $450MM but NTP willfor sure not get what it has asked for as a settelment from RIM.