View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon
Default Update to 10.1.0.4189 (from 2011) (y)

Please Login to Remove!

I have not messed with any leaked versions of BB10. I've stuck with the stock 10.1.0.2011 that came out the day I bought my Q10. So the update to 4189 was huge for me.

I was gratified to see wireless contacts sync with iCloud (and probably other cloud-based data bases) was fixed. Originally, when I set up my iCloud contacts to sync wirelessly it worked the first time only, populating my contacts list but then failing to do ANYthing. After this update my contacts sync instantaneously and two-way. This is a really big deal for me. After using an iPhone for almost 2 years (and being a life long Mac user) I got addicted to the ease and simplicity of one database kept in sync across all my devices. Sure it's possible to simply maintain the iCloud database and duplicate it on my mobile device on a one-by-one basis as new contacts are created. But it's addictive having everything stay in sync automatically.

iCal CalDAV accounts now integrate and sync directly with the Q10 calendar. Hoo-ah! I had been using GMail accounts as my primary calendar accounts and it works without a hitch generally. The only glitch was when I got a calendar invite via my default .mac email account. I would get the message "this account does not support calendar invitations..." so I couldn't simply accept the invitation and have it added to my calendar with an auto-acceptance note going back to the sender. Now I can!

On the downside, my battery seems to drain a little faster. Might just be me messing with all the settings and adjusting things, but I'd swear I was down 20% in only two hours. I'm sure I can still get through a full day on a single charge but it was even better with the 10.1.0.2011 version. I'll keep an eye on that.

Calendar theme is white vs. the previous black. Personally I don't care one way or the other. My BBM and SMS screens are both still dark in color. Again, meh. Some folks are up in arms over the dark-to-light switch for these things.

Last edited by rambo47; 08-29-2013 at 05:29 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote