View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 05:58 PM   #5
993Turbo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
Carrier: ATT
Default 2007 Rs4

I have an RS4. My 8700c had no issue with the sync, other than the fact that I also have north of 2000 contacts in my BB and Outlook.

I just found the 'sync categories' function a few days ago on the 8800. Since I am a heavy user of categories in Outlook, I simply chose those categories that contain the contact I would want to see in the Audi display (my family calls this Audifone). Pefect!

I am now having issue keeping the BT connection. I had the 8800 BT devices: Audi and a Motorola H700. Perfect connect every time on the Audi. Never dropped. Never liked that H700 much so picked up a Jawbone. Fitted it with Jabra Eargel (Radio shack 7.99) and the perfect BT headset is created. BUT, with the JB also included in the device list, the Audi drops the BT connection and the 8800 locks up as far as BT goes. Some sort of uncaught exception message. Hard boot is the only way to clear it. Numerous hard boots, device deletions and re-syncs, seem to have same issue. I am now trying settings where JB connection must be permitted manually.

My weekdays include much BT Audi connection and non-Audi BT, so perhaps I can finally figure this out.
Offline   Reply With Quote