View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 01:03 PM   #20
JG in SB
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoshi View Post
Interesting. I've found my A6 will not over-ride the headset if I get into my car while using it. With my old Razr (I used to be a 2 device guy and had a bberry 7230 and a Motorola Razr) it would actually disconnect the headset and attach to the car automatically which I thought was very cool. Now it won't change unless I tell the 8800 to switch which it will do so flawlessly.

So if I'm on the headset and get in the car, I just use the menu from within the call screen and choose "Activate Audi UHV" or whatever it is that the car shows up as, can't remember off the top of my head.

Also a bit of advice for you on the phone book. If you actually COPY selected numbers into the car's phone book you can use the car's voice command system to call people for example:

push "talk" button on steering wheel
"Telephone" (assuming you aren't in the MMI telephone screen already)
"Call John Smith at the office, landline"

or "Call John Smith at home, mobile"

it will then confirm, you just say yes and it will dial the number.

you have to store voice tags for the people (just the name, not the "home/office, landline/mobile" part)

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to have the car just use the voice dialing system in the blackberry but the car is good enough I have found.

You can also dial numbers through the car voice command system.

"Dial Number" to which it will reply "the number please" and then just say the number and click the dial button.
Yeah. That car voice dialing thing works really well. I plan on copying just the most important numbers that I use regularly to the car "Directory" memory. On the other hand, the MMI dial thing is also so easy to use that I often find myself using it as quickly as I might use the voice dialer. I still sort of feel like a dork when I am talking to my car. Like "Night Rider" ;)
Offline   Reply With Quote