View Single Post
Old 11-22-2010, 04:47 PM   #7
glnz
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8530
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Does Curve 8530 support WPA2 with AES (or WPA2 with CCMP)?

Added note: Maybe my list of encryption methods directly above (WEP, Pre-Shared Key (PSK), PEAP ...) is not a good question. I got that list when I was at home, looked at my Blackberry, saw that I had my usual WiFi connection (WEP) to my home router and then checked the Blackberry's WiFi profile for my router to look at the available encryption methods for the router. That's the list above. None of them says "WPA2" or "WPA2 with AES", which is why I have doubts that my BB has WPA2 with AES.

But maybe the list above is not the issue. Maybe the list shows sub-flavors of either WEP or WPA2 with AES, both of which are already available. That's maybe what the Blackberry Manual for the 8530 is saying - it's unclear to me.

If you think my Blackberry 8530 is already equipped to link with my router using WPA2 with AES, then which of the sub-flavors above should I prefer? I'm at home so I don't want to enter user names, etc.

Obviously, I have no idea what I'm writing about. Your wisdom will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited by glnz; 11-22-2010 at 04:48 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote