Old 01-05-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
rts040

Model: 8230
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Alltell
Default Bricked with JVM Error 517

Please Login to Remove!

Ok,

So looking for some help. If any one can help it would be much appreciated. Open to all thoughts right now.

First want to say I loved my phone up until about a week ago.

It started to act a little funny. Shut down and turn back on unexpectedly. I went through and tried to clear up some memory thinking that may be the culprit.

One night I let the batter die completely. Alcohol was involved, and all i had was my truck charger which I left at a friends house. Woke up and of course it wouldn't turn on, so I walked back and got my vehicle charged it up and it turned on. Yeah....

Then later on that afternoon I started to get all sorts of errors. Can't remember them all but mostly JVM error ####.

Anyway did some researching, and found out that it was bricked/nuked/ F***ed. So with some videos I downloaded the 4.6.1.208 OS thinking if I went back to the original it may help.

My device was randomly connecting at unconnecting. So I pulled the battery and forced it to connect by plugging in quickly then hitting next on the app loader when it said USB PIN:UNKNOWN. I get in and reboot the OS. Go through it all and it says "Your device's software has been updated successfully". Alright.

So I unplug it, it does the same thing again. Gives me a little watch on the front face plate. Does it's thing and says JVM error 517.

What do you think I should do, keep trying to load it up? I'm lost in thought right now. Not sure where to go. Help appreciated.
Offline   Reply With Quote