Old 10-05-2010, 12:46 AM   #1
MERK350Z
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
PIN: 294E926C
Carrier: T-MOBILE
Default Dell Streak

Please Login to Remove!

hey guys just wanted to give a little review about the dell streak i have been playing with mine for about 2 weeks . the dell streak is an overgrown iPhone on roids running android OS . lol lets talk about usability:

Email app- the email app is pretty good i can attach file and and download them and the android OS can pretty much open any file , i have tested word excel and PDF files.

Battery Life- the battery will last about a full day of some heavy load of work . i am on the AT&T 3G network .

OS version- i have to admit the 1.6 os is not the best but over all it does a good job since playing with 2.1 and 2.2 on other phones you can say i got spoiled. the one issue i have with the streak is the keyboard layout it just down right sucks. if your going to do some serious typing then you might have a slight issue with the on-screen keyboard.

Front cam - i tested it out using Fring on the wifi net work and over 3g network and it worked great . i have a friend on the EVO and he is on the 4g network .

5meg cam- it takes some great pics one little issue is that the flash is not that strong . the torch and the 9700 are better. even my Nokia E90 flash is better.

Phone call sound-- the sound is loud and clear no issues at all . the speaker phone is also loud .

Over all the dell streak has some growing up to do via some OS upgrades once the OS upgrades are made i feel that the Dell streak will be a great phone for a person who wants to make a change to the android phone . i think i will be keeping it and using it on the weekends untill they make an OS upgrade for it . during the work week i am on my blackberry.