View Single Post
Old 06-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #12
OVERKILL
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9900
Carrier: Rogers
Default Re: QNX powered devices

This is retarded (sorry to be blunt).

We are a bit of a mixed device organization, having a BES, along with iPhones and are looking at some Windows Mobile phones. The BES and what it offers is what keeps us with our RIM devices. But of course the BES software wasn't inexpensive. Now we need to roll-out an entire new software platform, which of course likely means more servers (hardware $$$) to continue on with RIM devices going forward if we want the same sort of manageability that we have with our current devices? And RIM thinks this is reasonable?

When you are already losing market share to your competitors, and you have a specific enterprise user-base who has already invested in your proprietary software so they have an interest in continuing to use your devices, it is not a wise move to alienate and anger those customers by telling them that going forward, if they want to continue to use your devices, they now have to re-invest in MORE proprietary software!

I KNOW my manager is not going to OK that purchase, it just makes the Windows and Apple devices look that much more appealing.

This is a HORRIBLE move by RIM.

Mobile Fusion for iPhone and Android? I get that. But for future RIM devices, when the customers using them have already invested heavily in BES? No, that is simply not wise.
Blackberry user since 2001.

Last edited by OVERKILL; 06-11-2012 at 02:14 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote