View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 12:19 PM   #1
jaysen
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint
Default Question about 7100 + IM billing (SMS) ?

Please Login to Remove!

I just purchased a 7100t from T-mobile and have been doing alot of reading. My question that is still unclear to me is-- the IM Client that comes pre-loaded on the blackberry does that use SMS for sending/receiving converstations/buddylist etc... ? and secondly how is this billed if so ?

I am signed up for the "Blackberry WebClient Plan - Blackberry Unlimited - $19.99/month - Unlimited Web browsing & BlackBerry Web Client e-mail access 300 inbound/outbound messages; $0.05 each additional message"

Would I be charged per text message when using the IM client ? I have been getting mixed answers... I just got off the phone with T-mobile and the rep told me all Blackberry blans ARE Unlimited TEXT messaging.

My second question is I understand there are alternative programs out there that use BES/MDS connections such as Webmessenger... but I do not subscribe to such a service and going to wait it out til 4.0 is released. Is there anyway to use a program like webmessenger with the plan i am subscribed to ?

Thanks !