View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 12:51 AM   #1
owenmp

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default AT&T, No-Contract Service and BBs

Please Login to Remove!

Apologies in advance for the simple questions.

Is the only option of obtaining BB service on AT&T to purchase a BB and a 2-year contract?

If you already own a BB, can you obtain new AT&T BB service without having to purchase a new BB?

The AT&T Wireless Web site does not offer BB service unless you purchase a BB. The price for the unit is only the 2-year commitment cost. The no-commitment price is listed but it is not available as a purchase option on the Web site.

I frequently travel for business. I may have to move this year and I may have to travel overseas within a year. These are the reasons I would prefer to not have a 2-year contract.

If AT&T only permits BB use with 2-year contracts and no-commitment accounts only with basic phones, is there any advantage of purchasing an unlocked AT&T-specific BB?

I can understand having an unlocked AT&T-specific BB for use on another service, but from what I have read on the Internet, many of the BB's features are not available in this configuration.

I would ask these questions to AT&T Wireless but you must be a customer to be able to ask questions via e-mail.
Offline   Reply With Quote