View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 11:09 AM   #11
ubizmo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9780
PIN: ultimate
Carrier: T-mobile

This is all very helpful; thanks much. The BB email system sounds similar to the SK's, but with more reliability and options, and no doubt security. I've looked in the FAQ and elsewhere, and I take it there is *not* a way to force collection of POP mail before the next scheduled collection. Another thing that I mentioned in the first post is this: I have one high-volume POP account that I keep turned off until I'm ready to look at the mail. On the SK this is easy enough. In mail settings, there's a check box "Collect mail from this server" and I just have to uncheck it. Can this be done on the BB as well, or do I need to use the Desktop Manager to activate and deactivate POP accounts?

Can voice memos be emailed? I've looked at the FAQ and I gather (not sure, though) that there is some sort of voice note/memo application; I can't tell if they can be attached to emails.

Looking at the threads on this forum, I get the impression that a lot of people prefer the built-in browser to the Opera Mini, and I think I have the answer to my question about uninstalling the built-in browser and using just Opera: No.

If I'm in an area where there's no service and I compose an email and try to send it, does it queue up and send when service becomes available? This is how the SK works, and I've sometimes composed a dozen emails during a flight, which get sent as soon as we arrive. I like this feature.

The OS on the SK LX allows the user to select the screen font size for the browser and for the rest of the system independently. The font itself cannot be changed. It's pretty much the same on the BB Curve, I take it?
Offline   Reply With Quote