Old 08-08-2010, 06:20 PM   #9
Kamau
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8900
PIN: 21499CE8
Carrier: Verizon, T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyedipin View Post
Well, Kamau, you have to understand that some people are actually looking for interesting sounds to set as their ringtone or message tones. So the point actually is to find interesting songs/tones/tunes NOT create them out of something they already have. If they knew what they liked they would have it already. I hope some people who will have the answer understands the difference.

For example I have been looking for some professional sounding ring tone (not a melody or song, but an actual ringing sound), if I heard it in any song, I would download and crop that section, but I have not heard it, and there are many sites out there, that we can use to get some ideas/examples.

Most of the time, you don't know what you are looking for until you actually hear it.
And I don't doubt you on that.
Unfortunately, you run the risk of downloading something you don't want, and having a next to impossible time of getting rid of it. Their creators thrive on just that mindset.
I am not putting down your suggestion because it is valid. I am only suggesting that most people have a music collection of their favorite songs. In them, I would be willing to bet that there is a part of a song that sticks out, and in, their minds. For me, I would just cut & edit that part as a ringtone.
If you have any friends that are musically inclined, you might want to try asking them to make something for you, especially someone with a keyboard (I have one, and have made my own tunes as well. I won't comment on how good they sound to anyone else though). The point is, be creative.
But as I said before, I am not putting your suggestion down at all.

Good Luck!

Kamau
Offline   Reply With Quote