View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 05:16 PM   #1
valjoux

Model: 8830
Carrier: sprint
Default 8830 turns off while charging

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I just got a new sprint 8830 and I've noticed while charging the unit after the backlight turns off the unit turns off and restarts continuously. This isn't my first blackberry and I've never experienced problems like this with my 7130e. I've contacted sprints tier 2 business tech support about this issue and the only advice they could offer me was to remove the battery and see if it fixed the problem. It didn't. The only workaround I've found for this so far is to charge the unit in the holster. Once the unit is in the holster I can charge it just fine and it can still receive calls, However once I take the unit out of the holster and its still connected to the charger, it restarts over and over. If I disconnect the charger while its restarting I've noticed it boots quicker than normal and gives an error message that says media card removed. I dont have a media card installed in the device. This device is on a corporate BES. I've talked to some other people in my office with the same model and they've had similar problems. I've also tried different chargers with no luck. Is anybody else having this problem. Or does anybody have a solution other than send the unit back for a replacement?

Last edited by valjoux; 02-18-2008 at 05:26 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote