aabbccddeeffgg

Model: 8707v
PIN: N/A
Carrier: vodafone
Default There is a ghost in my handset or it's been hacked

Please Login to Remove!

RE: 8707v

Hi all,

I've been using this handset (8707v) since 2006, I have a bold as my main phone now but still using the old 8707v for weekends etc.

I turn my phones off every night (double checked as I have kids) but this morning I walked to my phones to turn them on only to notice that the 8707v's LED was blinking green and already on!

So I picked it up to take a closer look and notice the screen saying incoming call (no ringer) with a number 0434 xxxxxx answer or reject-> I rejected it and then a message came up saying bb is trying to access application permission (allow or deny and a box to tick 'do not ask this again')

It immediately rang again this time showing 'no number' just unknown, I denied it and then it rang once more and so I denied it a third time. That was the end of it.

So to sumarise, my phone was remotely turned on, then set to 'quiet' and then rung-> I rejected and then something was trying to change or add a setting.

I haven't changed anything about this handset for years. The only application I've added is black & whitelist which was 3 years ago.

I don't have data service added and infact data services is switched off under network. I am simply using it for SMS and telephone calls: no emails or internet.

How on earth would the handset be switched on remotely?
Offline   Reply With Quote