View Single Post
Old 12-06-2010, 05:54 PM   #1
keepntabs

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile
Default Unlocked Tmobile 9700 SOS only w/AT&T sim

Please Login to Remove!

I am a noob, but I been looking for a solution to my problem on the Net for quite a while, and can't seem to find an answer that would solve my situation.

I have a Tmobile 9700 that I unlocked myself by using a code I bought off of eBay. When I put an AT&T sim card in the phone sometimes it will show up as AT&T on the screen, but when I try to make a call, it quickly changes to SOS, and the call doesn't go through;also, calls cannot be received. Most of the time when I turn on the phone, it only displays SOS. I have confirmed that everything that is supposed to be listed as "disabled" truly is, and enabled all of the network connections. I also have confirmed that the sim is in good working order by putting it in my AT&T GoPhone; calling out and receiving calls, and connecting to the Internet work fine. I have done a system wipe, changed the network settings to 2g, and updated the network id to wap.cingular, username to wap.cingulargprs.com, and password to CINGULAR1. I have tried taking out the battery and the sim out and wiping off, too. I have moved around in my house to see if there is any signal change with no luck.

When I look in the home menu, the icons for AT&T music and some other stuff are displayed. I cannot connect to the Internet either. However, when I put the Tmobile chip in the phone, it works as it should. I don't know what's going on, but need help, because I am supposed to be going out of the country for the holidays, and want to use the phone with a local wireless company while I am abroad.
Offline   Reply With Quote