View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 04:59 PM   #34
karen.fenner

Model: 83100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: 02
Unhappy

How long can this go on for? I've tried installing and uninstalling several versions (deleted registry keys etc). I'm running Vista Business with AVG 8 Free Anti Virus software and Office 2007. Each time the Desktop Manager installed beautifully - I think (?) My problem is that the desktop manager will not find the BlackBerry. Windows Device Manager sees it both as a mass storage device and as a BlackBerry Smartphone. I think I've spent about 18 hours on this so far since I got the phone and I'm still none the wiser. I've tried uninstalling the device driver software (in Windows Device Manager) and then running DM and plugging the BB in various orders but still no connection. I've even tried different USB cables and points. So, I currently have no contacts or any info on my BB. I'm not even thinking about typing them all in as I want it to sync with Outlook 2007. By the way, in addition to DM software, my system tray appears to contain an icon for BlackBerry Device Manager which, not only being a different version to DM, only has the connection option of COM 3 and won't let me change it. I've been so excited about getting my BB Curve but I'm thinking of returning it as I'm still using my XDA. Does anyone have any hints please? ... and for those of you still struggling with installation, good luck. I'll be thinking of you as I uninstall and reinstall for the umpteenth time. Good luck - and don't forget, if you could offer me any advice I'd be really grateful.
Offline   Reply With Quote