Old 08-10-2005, 02:25 PM   #16
corey@12mile
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: lots
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerry Fairy
Well said.

I do disagree with you on one thing cory. Ahem, *cough* I posted code *cough* before the esteemed timinator.

Very well then. Let's get readdyyyy to coooooOOOOOOODE!

corey@12mile, your project sounds great! Let us know and keep us posted. I am really having a fun and frustrating time working with BB and J2ME. I need all the help I can sniff out.
I don't think I said I posted code before Tim did, I think I said that before Tim started posting code up here, nobody else had ever done anything to that extent. I think I said that I had tried to spark some interest, like end of last year, very early this year in doing something as a group so to speak.

I think there are lots of budding BB programmers out there, and if people don't get their copyrights in a bunch then we could most likely all work together to solve some of these little issues we have.

I think that the notifire software could have been written in less than a month by 3-4 people on here if there was interest. But there was no interest so it's kind of a moot point and now people have to pay for the luxury. I also think a mailbox clone could be written fairly easily with the option to staticly sit on 1 filter setting (ie. inbox only).

I would spearhead projects like this, but management isn't my best thing nor is the whole personal relations thing. I am all for writing some code and helping other people, but I don't have the time, skills or patience to deal with organizing something of this nature.

cd.