View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 09:24 AM   #126
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

You are correct in your assumption as 7100simpleisbetter explained above simply removing the IT Policy using the default one provided will not enable the Bluetooth functionality. I think jibi explained someplace here (and I apologize jibi if I dont paraphrase this correctly) the default policy bin available for IT Policy removal is based on an older version and does not include the necessary documentation for implementing the bluetooth. The same holds true for the bt version it is based on an older version.

I guess the solution mentioned above by 7100simpleisbetter will work, what i dont know is a) will you be able to sign up implement it and leave right away so you do not continue to incur the expense, and b) if when you leave it will revert back to being disabled.

The solution to this problem is never to place your privately owned BB on a corporate BES, and unfortunately when you buy off of e-Bay you should make the assumption that it was on a BES to begin with since most of the time they will not tell you or simply do not know.

In the past I have stated that there should be a standard procedure either devised by BB Admins or RIM itself under which a person that is leaving a BES can as part of the disassociation be able to get their units back to the same state as they were in when they got there.

Unfortunately under the guise of security this is being ignored. I can understand the need for these secure conditions to exist while you are employed with the particular company, but after you leave you should not be burdened with policies that a) no longer apply or b) hinder your use of the device to its full extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBProdika
I've been persusing these forums for the last couple of days, and as far as I can tell there is no solution to the problem of bluetooth services
disabled by BES policy.

I've tried Dan's policy.bin and policy-bt.bin to no avail. (It did get rid of the policy , but did not enable the bluetooth components )

Am I missing a vital discussion thread, or am I correct in assuming this is still not solved? (other than signing up for a hosted Exchange \ BES service)

Running OS 6.0.0.524