Old 09-30-2011, 09:28 AM   #1
Critters

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMobile
Default In the pipeline Right!!

Please Login to Remove!

I bought the playbook for 2 main reasons:

1) To watch movies on planes. Yes it has a high def screen but how do you actually view movies. I had to buy a DVD, it took me over 5 hrs to download video conversion software to my pc and then transfer the movie to the playbook. I did this the night before travelling and have to get up early the next day to complete the process. That will not be happening again. How does the ipad do this. Log on to itunes pick a movie click rent watch on the plane.

2) For the blackberry bridge and the ease of dealing with emails while travelling and to be ability to open and edit office documents. How Blackberry are telling me I have to download docs to the phone media card first. (I get error attachment too large even on very small files) so thats a pain in the arse. How does ipad do this. Simply email the documents click and open. My IT guys also tell me that our email system is already configured to send emails to an ipad or android phone. They also said I should have bought an ipad. They consider the playbook to be a work in progress.

I was a bit of a test case in our office people are keen to hear how the playbook has worked out. My advice is simple get an ipad and while you are at it ditch the blackberry phone and get an android.

I would like to sell my playbook on ebay but since the retailers are now giving them away it hardly worth it.

But back to the problem in hand. (error large attachment) I have seen the same problem listed on a few blackberry forums. With a comment that a fix is in the pipeline. Is this true.

This should be playbooks catch phrase. A fix, an app, whatever is in the pipeline.

Malcolm
Offline   Reply With Quote