hedone.hawker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by captthomason View Post
Wirelessly posted (by Tombo)

After using this theme for about two weeks, I wanted to post two concerns I had with it. I'm running a BB 8310 with 4.5 OS. My main issue was the battery drain. I used the phone for approximately 5 minutes a piece on 10 calls and received 20 emails and the battery would be down to 65%. The second issue was with my portable charger. It seemed when this theme was active I couldn't always charge it properly. It had to almost be cradled in a certain position to charge. As a side note, I did try my iPhone theme with my new OS and the regular BB Dimension Zen and did not have the battery drain or charging issue. This theme is pretty nice with 5 calendar entries, but the battery drain and strange charging issue makes it unusable to me. Thanks anyway!
Hi there! Thanx for posting those concerns. Well it is true that theme can reduce ur battery time. This theme uses transparency in menus and buttons and as far as i tested transparency in themes... yes... that can reduce up time of ur BB. But when i use my phone for 10 calls and when i receive 2 mails... hm... my battery is on 65% too... no matter what theme i use...

and about charging... as far as i know there is nothing in themes that can effect ur charging. And positioning of charger have nothing to do with theme... theme can not effect ur hardware!

Anyway... u should all know that when u use theme with transparency on 88xx and 83xx u can expect ur BB to be a bit slower and ur BB will use about 5% more battery than usual!!!
[email address]
Offline   Reply With Quote