View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 07:52 AM   #1
Annie_B

Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodacom
Default BB confused bithdays's start times

Please Login to Remove!

(This message was attached to 'Help - All Day Event issues with calendar' posted by knhellesky, but it was perhaps not the best idea as I sort of need a reply urgently)

My Curve was 100% in sync with the laptop since I bought it a few months ago and I had zero trouble with any of the applications, besides a 'badly formatted xml error' (which has been fixed).

A few days ago, I ran a full upgrade (5.0) and all the 'all day' events came thru as updates from the BB side. When I clicked on 'details' during the sync (as I was not expecting so many to come thru) all the events indicated from 22:00 stretching over the 24 hours into the actual event day. (In other words, all the 'all day' events moved 2 hours earlier than midnight) I clicked on 'accept', as I had no other choice really. End result is that all my birthday reminders are now totally messed up. If I add an event which then overlaps into this mysterious time zone, it is treated like an overlap.

And before I get asked: The PC / Outlook / BB time sones are all GMT + 2, and we don't have DST down here in South Africa.

The only thing which changed was the massive 5.0 upgrade and then things went wonky.

Last edited by Annie_B; 07-16-2010 at 07:54 AM..
Offline   Reply With Quote