Old 03-18-2008, 09:14 PM   #1
BobbyG 38

Model: N/A
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Newbie Questions?

Please Login to Remove!

Hey all...

I am a newbie to BBF and to the BB (I don't own one yet)...but not a newbie to forums in general. Also, I'm a Mac convert for about 2.5 years. I'm a happy VZW customer looking at a "New Every 2" upgrade and wanting a smart phone. I'm looking hard at a Pearl with VZW. I have many buds telling me to suck it up and get the iPhone...trust me, I've done the research and realize that it would solve most synching/compatibility issues...but I'm not an AT&T fan for many reasons.

As on aside, I own an iPod Touch which I love. Also, I've had AT&T twice (with Sprint in the middle) before VZW and each time swore I would not go back to AT&T unless there was a compelling reason. So far, the iPhone hasn't been the compelling reason...especially with my iPod Touch. I don't want to get into a "who's got better service" argument as those are argued well here on BBF.

My game plan is a Pearl with Missing Sync (for contacts and notes) and Google Calendar syncing for my calendar (I have reasons for that too). My question is backing up everything. Do I need to back up on a Windows computer? I've got an Intel Macbook but would love to keep Windows off of it. Plus, I have the feeling that I may be getting another BB as a "gift" from work soon. "Work" for me entails the worst firewalls/user agreements imaginable so I'm still looking for my own personal smart phone...don't want a Windows Mobile device (as a converted Mac person) nor a Palm device (while I once was a Palm OS fan, I realize their decline). I'm thinking a BB is for me.

Sorry for the long post for my first. Any assistance/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,

Bobby G.
Offline   Reply With Quote